The Ice Palace

We are so vain that we even care for the opinion of those we don't care for...

Monday, July 11, 2005

Ode to a "Sister"

Since today is Jenne's Birthday (yes ok so I know a lot of Jen's) and she claims to be blogworthy this post shall remain all about her.

I met Jenne a million years ago, or so it seems. I was living in beautiful Fresno, Ca. That was sarcasm for those of you who haven't been there. My boyfriend at the time got me started on a local BBS called Club Fresno. IT was all downhill from there. You see the patrons of Club Fresno were all strange to me. One called himself "spock" and stared at my boobs anytime I was around. One called him self "Gen Gap drummer" and yes even though he was a drummer, he was also a terribly disgusting little troll of a man that eventually turned up in my life much later to my dismay (more on THAT later). There were a lot of really good people too like "Cat Tamer" who was a 30 something year old man living like he was 12, and addicted to caffeine. Then there was "sweet one". I met her at Spock's house. She was in her early 30's, and everything about her screamed "freako hippie". I took one look at her and thought...What a loon. Of course she took one look at me and thought I was like a snobby Cheerleader in high school. (Thank you!) She was sporting the ever-fashionable T-shirt with a gianormous Siamese cat face on it, shorts and flip flops. She had her hair in these little braids down the front like a first grader. I still mock her braids to this day. We didn't talk much that day but our daughters seemed to have gotten along well. It was only natural that when my daughter's birthday came up I invited some friends from Club Fresno, and their kids. The only girls that I had met from CF were lesbians(and the really butch looking ones) so I invited them. Jenne was one of the attendants. My mom thought she was a lesbian, because everyone else there was obviously one, and that's how my mom thinks. The funny thing is...She was Bi-sexual, but of course I didn't know that yet so I denied it.

Some how we ended up hanging out more and more. Then she invited me on a road trip to Reno. I was scared. I thought she was going to go all "lesbian" on me when we went to sleep that night. She didn't. Instead we had an awesome time. That was the first time we had one of our "food adventures" We ate at the all you can eat seafood buffet. It was so good, and the first time I had eaten Lobster that I actually liked. That was the beginning of many future "food moments" we would share.

Now we have something else in common. I used to follow this band. It was a local cover band and the lead singer was also the drummer. He wasn't really all that attractive, he was short, and he was a total player. However, he had some magical power over women. I didn't understand that. I thought he was a complete jack-ass, until one day he kissed me. That was it. I was under his "spell". I started dragging Jenne out with me to go dancing when ever the band was playing. We had so much fun, and the three of us all partied together one night in a mobile home that included wine coolers, and the soundtrack from "Purple Rain". Her husband(he wasn't her husband then) swears that something happened between Jenne and the drummer, however to this day I can honestly say nothing happened between them...Maybe she and I....But not them! (insert Innocent look here)

When I met a man online and moved to Ohio, she was the one that took me to the airport. She was there when I had my second child. In fact she helped me pick out his name. She has been there when I lost jobs, boyfriends, cars, family, friends, and weight(which I gained all back). She is more than a friend to me. She is my sister. She is one of the strongest people I know, and I love her with all of my heart...Even though she is addicted to QVC & Cambria, Ca. So today Jenne I dedicate this blog Entry to you.

2 Comments:

At 4:29 PM , Blogger Debi said...

BOB:

iceprincezz@hotmail.com

LOL!

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger E-Rock said...

New Group for Club Fresno http://groups.myspace.com/ClubFresnoBBS

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home