The Ice Palace

We are so vain that we even care for the opinion of those we don't care for...

Saturday, July 02, 2005

35 It's not so bad I guess



So I turned 35 yesterday....
I was so tired from the festivities the night before I hardly remember the day. Oh yes, that's right I went to work. That was fun. Went home slept for 6 hours, missed 25 calls on my cell phone, woke up and had dinner with the family.

Example of level of tiredness: My cell rang, I looked at the caller ID, it was the cute guy from the night before. Now I have spoken to said cute guy numerous times, I know his name, know what he does for a living(something involving trains), and how he kisses. However, when I looked down and saw his name I thought...

"who is C.?.....I probably should NOT answer that"

So I don't. Now, who knows what "cute guy" wanted? Maybe to tell me more train stories? Maybe he wanted to ask me if I have a hang over? Maybe he actually wanted to see me again...But now I shall never know because I didn't answer the phone. That's sad really...

The moral of the story is: Do not stay up all night on "work days" boyz & girlz or you too may miss important calls.

Back to me being 35...

I really like who I am, and I don't look 35 so I guess it's ok. I just thought my life would be different when I got to this part. I thought maybe I would be married with 2.5 kids, a house and a white picket fence. That didn't really work out for me though. Well I have the kid part done anyway...

So what did I do today, the day AFTER my birthday? I got up really early, yelled at the cable company to fix my cable. Drove to SLO, went shopping. I bought myself a DVD player (I was like the last person on the planet without one), Egyptian cotton sheets, and a box of Sees candy. The problem is, I don't know how to hook up my DVD player, perhaps "Cute Guy" knows how, and I can ask him. I don't have but two DVDs anyway, what's the point? Then I got a wild hair and decided to re-tile my entryway. How hard can it be right? Just get the tile and stick it down....Ok so 4 hours later I have 12 tiles done, and it doesn't look as good as those trading spaces type show results. That's ok it still looks better than the avocado green stuff they had there before. So tomorrow I am thinking about tackling my kitchen floor. I mean I figure if I start at 6am I could have 12 tiles done by 10am! Of course at that rate it will be Halloween before I am done.

Maybe I should rethink this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home