The Ice Palace

We are so vain that we even care for the opinion of those we don't care for...

Sunday, July 10, 2005

"Cute guy" Calls


I haven't written in a while because I had so much that was blog worthy that I couldn't decide what to write. Then it happened. My cell phone rang. I was sitting there innocently contemplating if that girl on "what not to wear" is really serious about the pleated mini skirt and chunky shoes or not, when he called. When I finally found my cell phone, I looked down and it said "cute guy" (well that's not his name but that's how this blog mistress will refer to him from now on). I was confused. Just two days ago I was telling Jen that I hadn't heard from "cute guy", although we usually refer to him as "Choo Choo Train Boy" and that was that. I mean he's wicked sexy to me, and has great teeth, but I honestly didn't think he was the least bit interested in me, since he hadn't called but one time since we met. I chalked it up to him being just another typical guy, added him to the pink book that Jen and I keep, and wrote him off. So you can only imagine my excitement to see his name on my cell phone.

You see the day after we met he lost some friends in a helicopter accident, and he left the area to go to some funerals. He didn't let me know this until 4 days later of course. He said he'd call me when he got back into town in a couple of days. I waited....It's not like I changed my life in any way while I waited, but I did call my phone from work to make sure it was still working. By day 4 I had given up...

I was cool though. I answered as if I didn't care at all. I asked him if he was on a train somewhere, and he replied with "no I just got home". Now I typically date men that live 6 hours away because I can't stand men constantly being around saying random dumb things all the time, and all the local guys are married, gay or I have dated them. "Cute Guy" lives dangerously too close to me. He lives within a few blocks of me. To most people this would be great. To me it's a little on the scary side. So knowing that he was a few blocks from me turned me into a babbling idiot. I could not for the life of me think of anything witty or charming to say, so I just let him talk. I think talking about himself is his favorite thing so he took it and ran with it. I'm thinking now for you the reader that was a good thing, as now I have some really good blog material. However, for me it brought blinding pain behind my left eye.

We started talking about the funerals and death. That wasn't bad until he referred to his former friends that had died as "worm food". When I became horrified at this(as any NORMAL person would) he explained it away as becoming hardened by seeing death and the likes every day at his former job as a paramedic. Random Thought: I wonder if he likes to play Doctor? Now I promptly changed the subject as I was not ready to debate him on this subject. He asked me if I thought he was a lover or a fighter? Judging strictly on looks I would say fighter as he sort of gives off this "bad boy" vibe. I didn't get that idea when I met him though so I said Lover. He laughed and said "no, you are wrong. I love to fight" That horrifies me for oh so many reasons. One of which is the abuse I suffered at the hands of a previous boyfriend. I wanted to make sure I didn't misunderstand him so I said physically or mentally? He said both but I have an idea he would prefer to mess with someone's head more than beat them to a pulp.

The conversation went on like this for a while longer, while he was at the car wash getting his truck washed. Which by the way I still do not know what color it is. Everything was going along fine, until I asked him why he calls me. I mean he hasn't asked to see me since our first make-out session on my birthday. He doesn't call but every 4 days. He's really into himself, he's not looking for any kind of relationship(that I can tell), he likes to banter about random things just to get me all nuts, he doesn't know a single thing about me, or even ask...It's like he just wants to talk about himself. Random thought: He needs his own blog! Yet *I* cannot stop thinking about him. I know I should run far far far far away from "cute guy" even if he is a fabulous kisser, but he intrigues me. I want to know more about him. I want to see him again. I want him to call me. I want to kiss him again. I want to choke him for making me feel like an idiot. The worst part about all of this is....He loves every minute of driving me insane.


He never did answer that question about why he calls me...

3 Comments:

At 6:43 PM , Blogger JustaDiva said...

I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN.... CHOOOO CHOOOO .... I WONDER IF FREIGHTY IS AWARE OF THE LIL ENGINE THAT COULD HAVE! MWUHAHAHAH

 
At 9:02 PM , Blogger Debi said...

Freighty! OMG I am gonna pee over here

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger JustaDiva said...

You mean he doesn't know the pet name I have already given him?! /FS (that is feign surprise hehehe) it is the close relative to /swoon but not be mistaken for /FD

/cast "spirit of depends" on you.. what would the Great Shaman spirit in Louisana, err I mean the sky say if he knew you have no control over body functions... /snickers

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home