The Ice Palace

We are so vain that we even care for the opinion of those we don't care for...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Boring Guys Are NOT fun

Since C.G.'s departure, I need a distraction. I need to get right back on the horse, so to speak.

Oh yeah, and I need to NOT date men who are insane.

So, I thought I would get back into the on-line dating thing and see what's out there since last year. Sadly I am not finding that much has changed. Now, I don't prefer to meet men this way, It just seems easiest for me right now. I live in a small town, where everyone knows everyone. The cost of living is insane here. Most of the men in my age group are either married, bums, or as you have seen...insane. I work in an industry that allows me to meet a lot of people, but, the are mostly old people, and they are moving away. My only free nights during the week/weekend, there is nothing going on in po-dunkville. When I do go out at night, and I go to a bar I am certainly NOT going THERE to meet the man of my dreams...I am going only to sing. I tried dating men from my church, but they all thought I was too overweight.

Church Guy #1: "Your body is a temple you know."
Me: "Well, just think of mine as a CURVY temple, would ya?"


So...I am on one site. I won't name it, but it ryhmes with dog pooh. I get a little nibble. I check him out and he hasn't written much, but he didn't say anything offensive or mention how much he likes skydiving so I send him a little ice breaker back. When he does write it's scattered, and rambling. I should just reply; "I don't think it would be a good idea to go any furthur with this as you are a complete moron." However, I decide, maybe he's just not good on line. I converse with him on line, back and forth with him a couple of times, and it's always the same. Rambling about his dog, his job, and the beach. He has told me all of these same things BEFORE! Twice! I feel like it would be futile at this point to meet him. I mean I am sure he would end up telling about his dog, and I am not real fond of "small feeder dogs". Then he would go on to tell me how he likes the beach, which have I meantioned he likes the beach? He likes the beach, in case you forgot. Then he would most likely forget he told me that, and tell me again. At that point, I would have to excuse myself from the "meeting" so I could call Jen and have her call me screaming about something that would make me leave in a hurry. Good times. I just think this would all be a waste of make-up....so I think I'll be polite and tell him I'm not over C.G. and need LOTS AND LOTS of time.

2 Comments:

At 6:29 AM , Blogger Margaret said...

I can't believe he likes the beach! How cool, to like the beach! I can't believe you're going to let someone with interests like that go.

 
At 4:58 AM , Blogger JustaDiva said...

I am so not laughing.........

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home