The Ice Palace

We are so vain that we even care for the opinion of those we don't care for...

Monday, June 04, 2007

Blogathon Approaches

Blogathon is right around the corner, and it's time to start thinking about what charity I would like to support. Last year I picked the National Cancer Society, because I lost my father to liver cancer. This year I thought about HIV/AIDS research, but I am still undecided.

I am torn over blogathon. On one hand I am looking forward to raising money for a good cause, having some fun, and possibly making some new friends. On the other hand I know that since my station will be one of many stations doing 24 hours live for charity, there will most likely be drama.

The saddest part is, this is one day when there should be NO drama at all. We should all be able to set aside our differences, and our petty jealously in order to create an environment that nurtures the spirit of giving.

2 Comments:

At 11:49 AM , Blogger Shannon akaMonty said...

We shall be strong and fearless, and refuse to engage in the drama.
Plus, if we refuse to engage, refuse to take notice...think how PISSED some people will be!!

HAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, that'd be COOL. :)

And with posting every half-hour AND broadcasting...only someone REALLY REALLY REALLY STUPID and REALLY REALLY REALLY EFFIN' PSYCHO-CRAZY would make time for that.

(and plus we have our inside sources to keep our breasts...I mean, keep us abreast of anything we might need to know, right?)

 
At 3:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

well since I have been informed that I WILL be doing blogathon on the station...as far as I am concerned there is NOTHING to be dramatic about. Unless we want to like, come up with a dramatic radio skit about whatever charity we decide to support...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home