The Ice Palace

We are so vain that we even care for the opinion of those we don't care for...

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I Have A Gold Medal in The Sport of Extreme Drama

Have you ever had something happen to you in the past that you THOUGHT you were over...only to have it come back to haunt you a year later?

Well I have.

I was recently told by one of my friends that no one gives as much of themselves in a relationship as I do. I guess she's right. That makes it all the harder when someone that I loved takes advantage of me. Someone did that to me last year and I thought I was over it, but I guess I wasn't. It effected me enough to make me think that someone else I cared for, who is not at all like the man in my past, was doing the same things to me. That was my past sneaking up and tapping me on the shoulder saying "Hey um remember me?" I should have looked my past square in the eye and kicked it in the nuts....but I didn't. Instead I gave in to those all too human emotions and feelings and let my over worked imagination get the best of me.

So why do we and by we I mean "ME" do these types of things? They are relationship sabotage. We should trust someone unless they give a reason NOT to. Just because some guy in my past hurt me, doesn't mean ALL men are liars. Just because my friend's husband cheated on her numerous times, doesn't mean my future husband will cheat on me. My parents were blissfully happy until my father's death. He never cheated on her, or mistreated her and I am cut from the same cloth...so therefore shouldn't I be able to find that same happiness? From now on I will look at my pseudo boyfriend like my mom looked at my dad. I won't look at him anymore like my ex....but instead my future.

1 Comments:

At 4:03 AM , Blogger JustaDiva said...

if you forgive them and have moved it, there is no past offense only today...

and stop comparing everyone to your past, hard way to live!

I am as you well know a gold medalist of extreme drama sports, and the extreme past offense dash....

lets face it, big girls suck at sports heheheh i say we give them up for new years .... hehehehehhe

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home