The Ice Palace

We are so vain that we even care for the opinion of those we don't care for...

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My Heart Is Broken

Update: I just heard from Tisha. Her father traveled down to Pascagoula where she lives, to see if her home survived, and sadly it didn't. It was a complete loss. Her home was under water. This is the second time that she has lost everything due to a hurricane. You may think why doesn't she leave that area...it's her home. It's where her whole life was...until a few days ago. Tisha her husband, and her two small kids lost everything, their home, their jobs, a car, toys, furniture, all of their photos and possibly a family pet...just everything! Her mother, and step father also lost their home...Please donate to The Red Cross, these people need help!!



My Heart belongs in the south. I have been lucky enough to have been able to travel to the south twice now. More specifically the Mississippi gulf coast, to spend time with my "southern family". Both times I realized that my heart belongs in the south. I love everything about it....Except the weather. I love the people and their way of life, their culture, their food, and their strength. So to see hurricane Katrina devastate "my second home" breaks my heart. It's really hard to look at the stories on the T.V. and know that I stood right there one time. Bourbon street, The Beau Rivage...


My friend Tisha and her family evacuated to Jackson Mississippi, and thank God they are doing ok, but they are not sure they will have a home to come back to in Pascagoula, Miss. They are just one family effected by this terrible tragedy. How about the people trapped in New Orleans (Nawlins)? How about the people that watched as their family members floated away? How about the babies, elderly, and all the displaced animals?

Make a difference and donate to the Red Cross or Salvation Army.
Hug your family a little tighter tonight.


To The people of the gulf coast, my prayers are with you tonight!

8 Comments:

At 9:50 AM , Blogger Just Me said...

i am pretty partial to the south...nobody will ever be able to take the texas out of me!

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger GQ1NYC said...

It is a hard situation and Living in the south now, it's growing on me but I'm always going to be a Nuyawka at heart. I work with schools in that area so it's something that hit's home to me knowing people who are in that area.

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

That is heartbreaking... Especially thinking of the family pet and lost memorabilia.

 
At 7:19 AM , Blogger JustaDiva said...

Debi, thank you for the post, you are indeed southern at heart. I thought about hurrican George I could make it through another cause after loosing it all once, a second time is not as heart wrenching..... not so much :( but you know we are strong, we have a warm bed and food and INTERNET and phones up here ... so while all I had is gone, I am very thankful for what I have right at this moment. I refuse to let my focus be selfish and have pity on me, as it stands at this moment I have MORE than others.

donate guys, small amounts mean the world... hurrican Katrina created a third world country on the coast.

thank you Debi for your tears of compassion, and your genuine care.. now send me some money BEOTCH! hehehehhe

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger Debi said...

Tisha: It's good to see that you still have a sense of humor through all of this. You know I am here for ya, whatever you need. Just think of this way, you prolly have ocean front property now, and you can turn your place into a house boat! No?

 
At 9:54 AM , Blogger JustaDiva said...

hahahahahahahhah JEN.. that rocked... but Debi where I come from houses that float are a way of life.. (shiver) we fondly refer to them as river rats /gag....

I have to laugh or someone will have to die, I am like an inflated ballon one prick and I am going to explode.

for the record my husband left at before 8am to get gas and has not yet returned. this totally sucks

 
At 10:26 AM , Blogger Debi said...

Tisha: OMG LMBO! Ok so no float crib? Where did David go to get gas? Where ya gonna go once you get some? Admit it you just wanna go loot your mama's place!

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger JustaDiva said...

oh he went to IRAQ and drilled for his own, then refined it so we could actually use it ... or at least that is how long it seemed like! there is a limit of 30 bucks per car around her too .. some places are only allowing 20

loot moms?? yes I want to trade all my water soaked things for hers... NOT :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home